TA: Second Call for Proposals
⚫ THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED
What is the time frame?
- Call opening: 2 January 2017
- Deadline for Submissions: 28 February 2017
- Evaluation of proposals: before 31 March 2017
- Awarding of grants: 14 April 2017 (tentative date)
What research is encouraged?
The eLTER TA Call encourages a bottom-up design of research activities to be conducted at one or more of the sites involved in the project. The recommended framework for research themes is ecosystem/biodiversity responses to abiotic drivers, placing emphasis on climate change and nitrogen deposition, thereby considering climate (meteorological) data, soil parameters, soil solution/runoff chemistry, nutrient cycling variables, and information on ground vegetation. However, proposals covering other themes are also encouraged. Furthermore, proposals considering socio-economic research themes are welcomed, since several LTSER platforms are included in the eLTER TA Scheme.
How will successful proposals be selected?
The selection criteria will mainly consider:
- Scientific excellence of the work proposed
- Promising young scientists at the start of their career
- Feasibility of the proposed application in accordance with the site manager
- Formal eligibility.
A selection and review panel will carefully supervise the scheme, in order to enable transparent, fair and impartial reviews of applications.
What is provided?
Successful applicants can expect to benefit from the free use of eLTER facilities, services and support offered by the TA sites and their staff. They may use the sites' instruments and may access past data measured at the sites.
Successful applicants will receive funding to cover travel expenses, hotel or other accommodation and eligible out of pocket expenses. Upon request, support will be provided before, during, and after the time TA is provided.
How do I apply?
Note: The first call is now closed, but watch for announcements of future calls
- After completing their site visit, researchers must provide a report, using the Reporting template (MS Word file).