2009 ALTER-Net Summer School
05 Sep, 2009 12:05 AM
17 Sep, 2009 12:05 AM
|Where||Peyresq, Alpes de Haute-Provence, France|
|Contact Name||Sabine Lütkemeier|
|Contact Phone||+49 – 331 – 288 2538|
|Add event to calendar||
The ALTER-Net Summer School shall contribute to durable integration and spread of excellence within and beyond the ALTER-Net network, with a view to promote interdisciplinary approaches. The 2009 Summer School will focus on:
- Biodiversity and ecosystems in Europe;
- Ecosystem processes, function, services and benefits;
- Resilience of social and natural systems;
- Valuation of biodiversity and ecosystem services;
- Linking biodiversity research with policy and the public.
Experts will give lectures on the themes mentioned above. Guided by tutors in the afternoons, working groups will discuss implications of findings for actual European ecosystems and their services and compile these in a written report. An excursion will illustrate land-use change in the Provence. For further details, please see the attached flyer or visit the Summer School website (address below).
Applications are now closed. The deadline for applications was 30 June 2009.