3RD INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT
01 Oct, 2015 12:00 AM
02 Oct, 2015 12:00 AM
|Add event to calendar||
The aims of the conference include:
- Discussing and sharing ideas on future methods and technologies
- Document and discuss the value of combining research and monitoring
- Strengthen the chain from monitoring and assessment to environmental policies, regulation and management.
- Strengthen an interdisciplinary, joint international and integrated approach.
Some of the main questions are: How to best evolve environmental monitoring, in order to make use of new and smart technologies for improved and cost-effective monitoring? How do we assess and document the value of data and knowledge of environmen-tal ecosystems?
The themes covered by conference sessions and workshops cover:
- Physical and chemical parameters
- Biological parameters
- Marine litter and noise
- Ecosystem structure and function
- The Arctic
- Climate change
Monitoring strategies and data evaluation
- Data harmonization, quality assurance and database
- Monitoring design and uncertainty in estimates of environmental status
Legislation and management
- Monitoring and assessment
- Regulations, policiesand economy
New and alternative methods for monitoring
- Synergy between science and monitoring
- New technologies and solutions
- Multipurpose and interdisciplinary monitoring
- International collaboration
The call for abstracts is opened until February 1st.