5th SWITCH Scientific Conference 2010 “Sustainable Water management Improves Tomorrow’s Cities’ Health: achievements and way forward”
13 Oct, 2010 03:55 PM
16 Oct, 2010 03:55 PM
|Contact Name||Agnieszka Urbaniak-Butterworth|
|Contact Phone||+48 42 6817007|
The conference will bring together members of the SWITCH project consortium, local, national and international organizations responsible for water management in urban areas and sustainable development, and scientists and experts working in these areas.
|Add event to calendar||
SWITCH is an EU-funded research programme aimed at achieving more sustainable integrated urban water management in the 'City of the Future', 30-50 years from now. Beginning in February 2006, it consists of a Consortium of 33 partner organizations working in 15 European and developing cities worldwide, with UNESCO-IHE as lead partner. The consortium partners are working together to share knowledge and research on a range of tested scientific, technological and socio-economic solutions to urban water management. It is envisaged that such proven sustainable solutions will be adopted globally to replace the many different ad hoc approaches which currently exist and to create a paradigm shift to sustainable urban water management.
Main goals cover:
- Synthesis of achievements of the SWITCH Project in terms of scientific breakthroughs and implementation;
- Revising key deliverables of SWITCH;
- Presenting progress on SWITCH Cities;
- Discussing spin-off and way forward;
- Registration - 31st of July
- Abstracts submission - 31st of July
- Abstracts and conference material revision, approval - 31 of August