Capacity Building for Conservation
12 Feb, 2013 12:00 AM
15 Feb, 2013 12:00 AM
|Where||Villa de Leyva, Colombia|
|Contact Name||Dr Mark O'Connell|
|Add event to calendar||
This conference will bring together an international field of conservation practitioners, scientists, educationalists and professional training providers in order to...
- Describe key practitioner needs in conservation capacity (skills, tools, knowledge) as well as common or unique issues in different global regions.
- Identify the main barriers preventing conservation organisations building their required capacity.
- List current gaps in conservation training and educational provision.
- Develop solutions to the core problems associated with developing and maintaining the skills and knowledge capacity to undertake effective conservation action.
- Review methods to evaluate the effectiveness and stainability of capacity building actions
- Strategically link the above training and education solutions to local, national and regional capacity building strategies.
- Exchange and learn from successful case studies of capacity building and education initiatives at local, national and regional scales.
- Participate part in workshops demonstrating new and upcoming conservation tools and techniques.
- Build links, partnerships and networks with conservation practitioners, professional training providers and relevant elements of the tertiary education community.
The event also features a series of training workshops.
Who should Attend ?
- Conservation practitioners from NGO and private sector organisations
- Government agencies and departments
- Private sector trainers (professional development)
- Tertiary and further education providers
- Academics, researchers and students
See the conference website. The total cost of the conference is US$ 100 for full delegates, US$ 70 for student delegates and US$ 50 for delegates from developing countries.