Ecohydrology, Biotechnology and Engineering: Towards Harmony between Biogeosphere and Society on the basis of Long Term Ecological Research
16 Sep, 2013 12:00 AM
19 Sep, 2013 12:00 AM
|Contact Name||Kinga Krauze|
ecologists, sociologists, economists, geographers, decision-makers, engineers
|Add event to calendar||
The scope of the conference tackles the core of LTER mission:“to improve understanding of global ecosystems and inform solutions to current and future environmental problems”.
With particular goals:
- To bring together scientists and practitioners, all those, who have knowledge, mandate or power to reshape landscape and in this way all ecological and socio-ecological processes, we depend on or are part of, and to learn from each other.
- To enable LTER community to extend the knowledge on:
- cause-effect relationships involving humans and nature;
- applicability of our research or emerging possibilities for trans-disciplinary science;
- cross-domain studies required by policy and management;
- socio-ecological data requirements as perceived by other disciplines and practitioners;
- research infrastructure we need to think about, when entering Horizon2020.
We are seeking for inspiring presentations showing potential or already applied value LTER for better management of natural resources, ecosystem services, interaction between nature and society. We can reimburse the costs of travel and accomodation of the presenters who will help us in meeting the goals of the Symposium.
Registration is open now: www.ecohydrologyengineeringsociety2013.org
The fee does not apply to LTER / EnvEurope / AlterNet members.
Beneficiaries of EnvEurope project can reimburse costs from the project budget.