ILTER Open Science Meeting 2016
09 Oct, 2016 12:00 AM
13 Oct, 2016 12:00 AM
|Where||Kruger National Park, South Africa|
|Add event to calendar||
⚫ Update: Provisional programme now available
The first ILTER OSM will take place in the Kruger National Park in South Africa from Sunday 9 October to Thursday 13 October 2016. The conference will be hosted by the National Research Foundation, (NRF), the Department of Science and Tecnology (DST) and the South African Environmental Observation Network (SAEON). The ILTER OSM will include a full range of academic sessions, plenary lectures, social events and field trips within the Kruger National Park. For the scientific framework of the conference see the first announcement. The programme is available here.
The OSM themes are:
- Nitrogen impacts on ecosystems structures and functioning
- Carbon and water cycles under climate change
- Towards sustainable usage of ecosystem services (local, regional & global)
- Drivers of biodiversity across scales
- Data integration and interoperability enabling global scale ecosystem research and linking with environmental monitoring
- Linking local, regional and global Earth system observations and models.
There was a call for contributions (now closed) relating to emerging issues and challenges for ecosystem research and a half a day dedicated to relations with major relevant global observation networks and infrastructures.
Who should attend?
The OSM specifically addresses:
- LTER researchers and scientific site coordinators (PIs)
- LTER stakeholders and partners
- Early career scholars and postgraduate researchers, who's participation is especially is encouraged.
If you are interested in attending the ILTER OSM, please register now (there are still a few places left).
A range of field trips will be offered to a limited number of participants before the conference.
Sign-up for further announcements
Anyone can sign up for the ILTER OSM Information mailing list:
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type in the subject line: “subscribe ILTER_OSM_INFO [GivenName] [Name]”
- Leave the message body blank.
ILTER gratefully acknowledges the generous support of NRF and DST.