The Communications Expert Panel deals with all communication-related matters in LTER-Europe. The scope of the EP (agreed at December 2008, Majorca meeting) is:
- Internal communications:
- Work with other EPs & Executive Committee
- Develop members’ area of website (secure area for exchange of documents, etc.
- Service needs of LTER-Europe (Exec Comm. & other Expert Panels)
- External communications:
- Maintain the public website
- Develop and disseminate promotional materials
- Bring together and use expertise (e.g. in policy liaison, press & publicity, science communicators, etc.) that we have in the network
- Communication strategy:
- Develop a strategy as a framework for guiding communication activities
- Decide upon key audiences, key messages, available tools, etc.
- Link it with ILTER communication strategy
- Incorporate the LTER public communication strategy developed by ALTER-Net
The Comms EP is headed by two very friendly 'communication monsters':
Andy Sier, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Lancaster, UK
Mark Frenzel, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ, Germany
The Comms EP, like all of LTER-Europe's Expert Panels, is open to anyone who is interested in our work. If you wish to contribute actively to the work programme, or just be kept informed of progress, please contact Mark, who will add you to the mailing list.
Examples of communication activities
We'd like you to share your good examples of LTER-related communication activities